What is a mentor?
Mentors have been defined as trusted guides or helpers on a life journey.
What is mentorship?
Mentorship is an ongoing relationship that produces extraordinary results in people’s lives… Mentors work with mentees by providing support through specialised mentoring skills as well as knowledge and personal experience. Through the process of mentoring, mentees are supported to increase their awareness, deepen their learning, improve their performance, achieve their goals and aspirations and enhance their quality of life.
How does it help?
The process of a mentorship will help you in a number of ways:
- Improved performance and productivity;
- Personal development and increased self-awareness;
- Achievement of goals and dreams;
- Improved learning;
- Identification of skills;
- Exposure to a diverse range of views;
- Improved quality of life;
- Greater flexibility and adaptability to change;
- Greater understanding of self; and
- Have a sounding board.