Last updated: May 25, 2018
Your right to privacy and online security is important. This Privacy Statement describes Viveka Ltd Pty’s collection, protection, disclosure and use of your information. This Privacy Statement applies to Viveka’s websites and/or online services, that link to or reference this Privacy Statement. It covers your personal information that is provided or collected through our services and how we use that information in connection with our services. We comply with the new and increased transparency requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By using Viveka, you agree to this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with any term in this Privacy Statement, please do not use our services.
Here's a quick overview:
The following information may be stored:
- Personal details: name, email address, phone number, street address;
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format);
- The description text that the user may write about him/herself;
- Offers and requests posted to the service;
- Feedback given and received; and
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number of times the user has logged in.
You have control over the type of information you provide and how we use it. We don’t share your registration or personal information for marketing purposes. We will never share your information with other parties for use other than what’s laid out in this policy without your consent.
Viveka or its partners or service providers may operate in the United States and Australia or any other country and therefore your personal information may be processed outside the country you are located. By using and providing information to us, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in other countries, including for example outside the European Economic Area. Countries that we transfer your information to may not have data protection laws like those of where you are located.
Viveka is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age or minors. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, they should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files immediately.
Data We Collect
When you use Viveka, we may collect the following information about you:
- Registration information: When you sign up for an account with Viveka, you will be asked for registration information, such as your name, email address, phone number and a password. We require you to provide an email address in order to use Viveka, so that we can contact you about your account and so that you can access your data from any device We require you to provide a name for your account, this is the name visible on your profile. You can make changes to your information at any point from your Profile page.
- User-generated content: We also store the information you provide to us when using our service to create your profile and listing and communicate with others, in addition to any other information that you attach or share while using Viveka.
- We may offer bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or similar public forums where you can communicate with us or other users. Any information that you submit or post to these blogs or other forums could be viewed by other viewers or may otherwise be publicly available.
- We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these blogs and other forums, so please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any information that you expect to keep private. If you would like to request removal of your information from our blogs or other forums, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The way you use our service: We collect information about how you use and interact with Viveka. Such as the actions you take, the number of transactions you make, the percentage of conversions and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- Information Shared by Others: Other Viveka users may share information with you using your contact information (such as email or phone number), and that information will be stored in the course of using Viveka.
- Device and Location information: When you download or use Viveka, we may receive information about your device and location, which allows us to provide increased account security and regulatory compliance. It also allows us to provide location-based services such as targeted advertising, search results, and other personalized content. We may collect information about your interaction with Viveka including, but not limited to, your computer browser type, pages visited, advertisements clicked on, average time spent on our Sites, your IP address, unique identifiers of your device, the operating system version and app version.
- Payment information: Viveka uses Stripe and PayPal as payment gateways. We do not collect or have access to your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number, other card information and other account and authentication information, as well as billing and contact details provided to these third parties. In certain countries, you may be required to provide your social security and/or routing number. We do not have access to this information. For security purposes, you may also be asked to provide identification information to confirm your identity, including your first and last name, address, and phone number or in some cases, last four digits of a social security number or a copy of an identification document. We do not have access to this information provided to our third-party providers. Please review the Privacy Policies of PayPal and Stripe individually.
- Information related to Third Party Integrations: Viveka may collect information about you from third parties to help improve our service, or for security and support reasons. If you choose to use some of the optional integrations the third-party services that we offer, we may collect information about you from those services.
- Contests and surveys: From time to time, you may be offered an opportunity to participate in a contest, survey, or other voluntary promotion. We may collect contact or marketing information in connection with one of these promotions.
- Information from other sources: We may use publicly available information about your name, email address, phone number or other demographic data to help you during support, to address fraud or security concerns or to personalize your experience, including by providing ads or offers.
- Other information: We may request or receive other information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Service.
How We Use Your Data
WE WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY EXCEPT AS OUTLINED IN THIS POLICY OR WITH YOUR CONSENT.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To Provide the Viveka Service: Viveka is designed to advertise and market the services of coaches, mentors and speakers. We therefore share your profile and listing information publicly to create greater awareness for your brand.
- To respond to your inquiries about our Services: For example, if you contact us for support or as part of a random account audit, we may go into your account in "administrator mode" to help provide support to you.
- To detect and protect against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity.
- We may use your information for internal security purposes. For example, if you have activated a feature that limits access to a Service from a specific device, our systems will access the Device ID from each device you attempt to access the Service with to determine if the device is the specific authorized device. Additionally, we may use identifying information to monitor suspicious activity.
- To verify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance.
- To analyse Site usage, perform market research, project planning, product development, troubleshooting problems, analysis of user behavior, internal marketing and promotions or other efforts to improve our service quality.
- To communicate with you. For example, we will email you when we release new features, have important news and our newsletters. Most of these emails are optional and can be set by going into your Profile. Some emails, such as, direct emails from the Viveka Team, password resets or other security issues are not optional.
- To allow other users to find you.
Third-Parties and Links to Other Websites
This website contains links to other websites. Viveka is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. We may receive and collect information about you from Third Parties and affiliates that help us provide, support, and secure our services. In general, data shared with Viveka in this manner will be treated under the same privacy restrictions as any other data shared with Viveka.
If you choose to use one of the third-party payment integrations we offer, we may collect information from the service. We will use the data you’ve supplied in your account to assist in completing that payment. We may use information from that Service to display the status of that payment to you. We may also use information about payments sent via third party services to address fraud, security, or support issues.
To Provide Personalized Advertisements: We may use your email, phone, location, usage and expense information to show you specific advertisements or offers on our own site that we believe may be of interest to you. We will not, without your permission, sell, publish, or share your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
With third parties, affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers: We employ third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers to help support and improve our services. For example, maintenance services, database management, cloud hosting, web and mobile analytics. Third parties acting on our behalf that are given access to your personal information are contractually obligated to abide by our privacy practices and are not allowed to use the information for any other purposes. We may share your personal information with other third parties with your consent or instructions to do so.
For legal matters: We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to share or disclose your personal information with law enforcement, government officials, and other third parties: to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; in order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites, or Services; to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties; in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites' users or the general public; or as otherwise required by any applicable law.
Business Transfer: If our company or our assets are acquired by another company, or in the event of a merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties, information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us. Such third parties will assume responsibility for the personal information collected by us in connection with our business operations or through our Sites and such third parties will assume the rights and obligations regarding such information as described in this Privacy Statement and according to applicable regulations.
Non-identifiable information: We may disclose information that does not personally identify you in any other manner that we deem appropriate, including to third parties for their research, marketing, and promotional purposes and to help us determine how we can improve our Sites. We will also disclose non-personal information to our service providers and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Sites.
How we protect the information we collect: We take the security of your information seriously. We use technical and administrative security measures such as but not limited to encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You can help protect the privacy of your own information by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using public or otherwise unsecured networks.
We will contact you regarding any breach of security, confidentiality or integrity of your electronically stored personal information or conspicuous posting on our Site via email in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Phishing: Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Viveka and to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, national identification numbers whether via e-mail or telephone communication.
Choice and Access, Deleting Your Account and Data Retention
Choice and Access to your personal information: You may access, review, and update the personal information you have submitted to us at any time via your Profile. Your choices regarding the data we Collect and Process: In many instances, you have choices about the information you provide and limiting how we use your information. These choices, and any related consequences, are described in detail below:
- Personal information: You may choose not to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number or payment information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Sites’ features.
- Emails, Newsletters, and other communications: We may send periodic Site related alerts, monthly newsletters, promotions,\ or other information via email or push notifications. You may choose whether or not you’d like to receive alerts, newsletters and promotions by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email you receive. Please note that certain Services-related messages (such as password resets) that we send are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Services and you may not have the ability to opt-out of those messages.
- Deleting your account: You may choose to close your account at any time. You can close your account from your Profile or request that we close it for you by writing to us at email@example.com.
- Data Retention: In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active or as otherwise needed to operate our business. We may also retain personal information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, and as permitted by applicable law.
- If you would like to fully delete your account and the information in it, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our services so long as we do not have any legal reason or obligation to retain the record. It may take up to 90 days for your information to be cleared from our servers.
- When you change or delete personal information, or close your account from your Profile page, expenses involving you (either that you have shared or that have been shared with you) and your name may remain visible to people with whom they have been shared as part of their records (just as deleting an email account does not unsend emails that have already been sent).
Changes to this Privacy Statement